I am organizing a bookstagram blitz for Chasing Tarzan by Catherine Forster. Chasing Tarzan is about the long-term effects of bullying, how imagination can be an escape, but not a solution––one must eventually act.
This bookstagram blitz runs from 26 September till 2 October. Everyone who signs up for the tour receives a free ecopy of the book. Reviewing and/ or photographing your copy would be appreciated, but is optional.
By Catherine Forster
Genre: Non-fiction Memoir
Release Date: 26 July 2022
In the 1960s, a relentless school bully makes Catherine’s life a living hell. She retreats inward, relying on a rich fantasy life––swinging through the jungle wrapped in Tarzan’s protective arms––and fervent prayers to a God she does not trust. She fasts until she feels faint, she ties a rough rope around her waist as penance, hoping God will see her worthy of His help.
As the second of eight children, Catherine is Mommy’s little helper, and like Mommy, Catherine is overwhelmed. The bullying and the adult responsibilities together foment her anger. She starts smacking her siblings, and becomes her younger sister’s nemesis. Spooked by who she is becoming, Catherine vows to escape for real, before she hurts someone—or herself.
Catherine finds salvation in a high school exchange program: new town, new school, new family, new persona. A passport celebrity. In New Zealand, nobody knows her history or her fears. Except for her Kiwi “mum,” who sees through Catherine’s façade and pulls her out from her inner safe-house.
Exposed, her sense of self implodes. Catherine must finally rethink who she is.
About the Author:
Catherine Forster is an artist, filmmaker, and writer living in the Pacific Northwest … at the moment. Her work and love of travel have led her to six continents, including Sub-Saharan African, the source of her childhood fantasies. She still holds a fondness for Tarzan, but when trekking in the bush, hiking mountain trails, or exploring a new city, she prefers the company of her beloved husband Kevin.
– Instagram @c.c.c.villacorta
– Pickagoodbook & Instagram Pickagoodbook
– Bookish Dreamer, Instagram BookishDreamer58 & Twitter
– Jazzy Book Reviews & Instagram jazzybookreviews
– Books Blog, Instagram sylvdotnet, Twitter & Facebook
– Books and Kats
– Why Not? Because I Said So!, Instagram ssdawn2002/, Twitter & Facebook
– Instagram _tbdate_
– #BRVL Book Review Virginia Lee Blog, Instagram @bookreviewvirginialee, Twitter & Facebook
There is a tour wide giveaway for the bookstagram blitz for Chasing Tarzan. These are the prizes you can win:
– a $25 B&N gift card and an ecopy of Chasing Tarzan by Catherine Forster.
– 5 ecopies of Chasing Tarzan by Catherine Forster.
– a signed print of one of the drawings in Chasing Tarzan (US Only)
You can enter the giveaway using the rafflecopter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway