About being a tour host
You can sign up to become a tour host for Lola’s Blog Tours using this form. As a tour host you’ll be the first to hear about new tours I am organizing. You will be added to my tour host mailing list and receive e-mails about new tours I am organizing in the age categories and type of tours you select in the sign-up form.
Please read the information on this page first. When you sign-up as a tour host it means you agree with the information on this page and will adhere to it. You can always e-mail me at lola(at)lolasblogtours(dot)com if you have any comments or questions.
Everyone can sign-up as a tour host! There is no minimum amount of followers your blog needs to have.
Facebook pages about books and Bookstagrammers are welcome to sign-up too! Blogs, Bookstagrammers and Facebook pages can join all type of tours. If you are a reviewer who can review on Goodreads and/ or Amazon you can still sign-up as a tour host, but you can only participate in review opportunities.
Short information about the tours
I organize, blog tours, book blitzes, bookstagram blitzes, cover reveals and review opportunities. below you can find the short version of what these tours entail.
- A blog tour is a 1 or 2 week long tour where you can pick from the following type of posts: excerpts, promo stops, reviews as well as unique content posts like interviews, top ten lists and guest posts.
- A book blitz is a 1 week long tour. These either have only excerpt and promo only stops. And some have the opportunitity to review the book as well.
- A Bookstagram blitz is a 1 week tour focused on Instagram as well as blog. Everyone who signs-up received a free e-copy of the book, usually there are some physical copies available for bookstagrammers.
- A cover reveal is 1 day event where the cover will be revealed. No review options, only promotional stops.
- A review opportunity is for reviews only. You can request a copy of the book and review at your own pace.
More information about each type of tour can be found lower on this page.
Some general terms
- When do you receive e-mails. After signing up as a tour host you will receive an e-mail for every new tour which matches the options you signed up for. Every e-mail about a new tour will include a link to the sign-up form which you can use to sign-up for the tour in question. If you don’t want to sign up for the event, just ignore the e-mail. Emails for new tours will be sent through Mailerlite. Please make sure you add lola(at)lolasblogtours(dot)com to your approved list of senders so my emails won’t accidental land in spam.
- No minimum or maximum amount of tours you have to participate in. There is no minimum amount of tours you have to participate in. There also is no maximum amount of tours you can participate in, you can participate in all tours if you want to or none of them.
- Change which e-mails you receive or unsubscribe. After becoming a tour host you can always change for which age categories and type of events you signed-up for, you can send me an e-mail at lola(at)lolasblogtours(dot)com when you want to change your preferences. If you don’t want to be a tour host anymore, you can send me an e-mail with unsubscribe as the subject and I’ll remove you as a tour list as soon as I read your e-mail. Or use the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the new tour e-mails.
- When I send out mass e-mails. I will be sending out mass e-mails (emails to multiple recipients):
1. When there is a new event that matches the type of event and age category you signed up for.
2. When sending out the media kits for a blog tour, cover reveal, book blitz or bookstagram blitz. These e-mails will be send to everyone who signed-up for this event.
3. when sending out review copies. These e-mails will be send to everyone who requested a review copy. Only in case when the review copies become available after the sign-up post went live.
4. When sending out information about a big change on Lola’s Blog Tours. For example I sent out a mass e-mail to all tour hosts when I have a giveaway going. These e-mails will be send to all tour hosts. I won’t be sending out these kind of e-mails often.
Any other e-mails won’t be mass e-mails, but personal e-mails addressed to only you. When I send out mass e-mails your e-mail address won’t be visible to others. I will always use BCC when sending out mass e-mails.
- Review Copies and e-piracy. All review copies you receive from Lola’s Blog Tours are for you only. Don’t share your review copy with anyone else. If someone else wants a review copy too, they can sign-up for the tour/ event if possible or buy a copy of this book. E-piracy will not be tolerated and if I find out someone has pirated a copy they received from Lola’s Blog Tours, you will be removed as a tour host and can’t participate in any future tours or review opportunities.
- Review copies. If you sign-up for a review copy through a tour or review opportunity this is with the intention to review said book once you’ve read it. If you can’t/ won’t review, please do let me know. If you sign-up for review copies, but never review, you might not be eligible anymore to receive future review copies.
- I won’t share your information. I’ll never share your information with anyone. The exception to this is when you sign-up for a review copy and I need to provide the author with your name, e-mail and/ or address so they can send you your review copy. When the author sends out review copies this will be mentioned on the form so you know this means information will be shared with the author.
- Post don’t have to be the top post. Posts don’t have to be the top post on your blog.
- Media kits Media kits will be send out around one week before the start of the tour. I always send you both the media kit in a word document and as a premade html code (one for blogger and one for wordpress blogs).
- Reminder email. If your post isn’t up on your scheduled day I’ll send you a reminder e-mail the next day.
- Please communicate. If you sign-up for an event and for some reason can’t post during the tour or if you got a review copy and can’t review in time, please let me know. I am quite flexible, but I do want to know if you can’t post or review for some reason.
Some more in depth information about the specific events:
- Runs 1 or 2 weeks.
- If you sign-up for a guest post, interview or tens list, you’ll be asked to provide me (Lola) with a topic for the post or interview questions.
- If you sign-up for a review copy you can always post your review whether you liked the book or not, I only ask that unfavorable reviews (below 3 stars) won’t be posted the during the tour itself. If you end up not liking the book (below 3 stars), I’ll ask you to post an excerpt during the tour instead and post your review after the tour. Or you can be removed from the tour altogether if you prefer that.
- If you sign-up for a review you have to post your review at least on your blog/ instagram/ social media during the tour, but posting on Goodreads and vendor sites as well is appreciated.
- Takes place on one specific day
- Don’t share the cover anywhere before the cover reveal date.
- Have a duration of 1 – 7 days.
- You will get one or more excerpts to use for your stop.
Note: I am also offering Book Blitzes Deluxe, for bloggers this doesn’t change too much. Except that for these blitzes you can choose for either an excerpt/ promo stop or a review stop. In the case of a review stop the same rules as for blog tours applies that you have to post your review on your blog and that your review has to be a 3 star of higher, if you didn’t like the book, please let me know in time and you can post your review after the tour has ended.
- These tours focus on graphics and social media.
- Have a duration of 1 – 7 days. If you sign-up, you have to post at least once during that time frame.
- You’ll receive premade graphics to post during the blitz, but can also make your own picture(s).
- Everyone who signs-up for these blitzes will receive a review copy of the book. You are encouraged to make a #bookstagram picture of the book! Often there will be a giveaway for those who make their own picture and post it using the correct hashtag. You can read and review the book if you want to.
Note: a Review Opportunity is not a tour, it’s a type of event where you can request a review copy and will be asked to review it.
- You can post your review of the book whenever works best for you. Most review opportunities don’t have a deadline for when you have to review the book, but a few do. This will be always be mentioned in the sign-up post.
- The media kit will be send to you within 48 hours of signing-up. I always send you both the media kit in a word document and as a premade html code (one for blogger and one for wordpress blogs).
- Your review copy will be send by me (Lola), by the author or you have to request a copy on Netgalley. How you will receive you review copy will be mentioned in the sign-up post and/ or sign-up form.
- I value honest reviews and you can always post your review whether you liked the book or not.
- You can only have a maximum of up till 10 unread review copies through review opportunities at any certain moment.
- Reviews have to be posted on at least one of the following sites: your blog, goodreads or amazon. Posting on more sites is appreciated!
- You have to send me the link to your review when you have read and reviewed the book. That way I know you have read and reviewed the book. I will send the link to the author and add it to the review opportunity page for that book.
Become a tour host!
You can click on the link below to be taken to the tour host sign-up form. If you want to change your responses send me an e-mail at lola(at)lolasblogtours(dot)com. If you are signed-up as a tour host and want to unsubscribe, please send me an e-mail with as subject ‘unsubscribe’ or use the unsubscribe link in one of my e-mails.