Hey everyone! Today is the fourth anniversary of Lola’s Blog Tours!
It’s been four years since I took the leap and started this business of mine and I am so happy to see what it has grown into. First off let me give a big thank you to my awesome banner designer Michelle from Limabean Design! I can’t design at all and I can’t express how amazing it is to have a friendly and reliable designer who is always ready to design my tour banners. She also designed some discount graphics for me this year and they look awesome.
Secondly I want to thank all the authors who took a chance on me and Lola’s Blog Tours and toured one or more of their books with me. Here’s to many more tours! And I want to thank all the awesome bloggers out there who signed-up as a tour hosts or participate in my tours. As a blogger myself I know how much time and effort goes into maintaining a blog and I really appreciate all your help spreading the word about the books I tour.
And thirdly I want to thank the two amazing authors for whom I do assistant work! They are part of the reason I can keep doing this as my full time job and I can’t thank them enough for that!
What happened this year
Just like last year this year saw very little big changes. I build my mailing list for non-fiction tours and since a few months I am now also organizing tours for non-fiction books :). I am currently building my Bookstagram Blitz list after organizing a successful bookstagram blitz for Natalie and the Nerd by Amy Sparling and officially started organizing bookstagram blitzes. A big thanks to Amy Sparling for helping me figure out what a bookstagram blitz would contain. Cover Reveals remain free for now and they turned into my most popular tour, with the book blitz right behind it.
I also started doing more frequent discounts and ran a discount on my review opportunities, all tours and blog tours last year. I definitely plan to keep doing a discount now and then as they prove to be successful so far and I enjoy doing them :).
I maintained my author newsletter and send out a new newsletter approximately once a month. I sent out newsletters featuring tips and info for authors, links to my Lola’s Advice posts and let them know when I was doing a discount. You can sign-up for my newsletter for authors here.
I always like looking back each year to see how much events I have organized so far. So I included some stats below. These are the total amount of tours I’ve organized in the past four years.
- Blog Tours: 57 blog tours organized
- Book Blitzes: 79 book blitzes organized
- Bookstagram Blitzes: 1 bookstagram blitz organized
- Cover Reveals: 107 cover reveals organized
- Review Opportunities: 59 review opportunities organized (44 of those are still open for sign-up).
The Giveaway – win a book of your choice!
I have a giveaway for everyone! Readers, bloggers, authors etc are all allowed to enter this giveaway. Two winners will each win a book of their choice from The Bookdepository up to $10. If we go over the 1000 entries in the rafflecopter widget I’ll up the giveaway to three winners. Prizes will be given away by Lola’s Blog Tours.
Read my giveaway policy here. Extra rules for this giveaway is that you need to live in a country where the Bookdepository ships to
For a chance to win, enter the rafflecopter below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The Discount – All blitzes $20 off!
All book blitzes that are booked from 13 September till 13 October will be $20 off. So Book Blitzes will be only $60 instead of the normal price of $80 and Book Blitzes Deluxe are discounted too and will cost only $80 instead of $100!
- To make use of this $20 off discount you have to book a Book Blitz or a Book Blitz Deluxe with Lola’s Blog Tours.
- The discount is only applicable on the following type of tours: Book Blitzes and Book Blitzes Deluxe.
- Your tour has to be booked between 13 September till 13 October 2017 and the tour must start within 2 months of booking. So if you book a tour on 13 September, the latest the tour can start is 13 November.
- You need to book a book blitz at least 2 weeks in advance and a book blitz deluxe at least 3 weeks in advance.
- You can book as many tours as you like.
- This discount cannot be combined with other discounts or won giveaway prizes. Lola’s Blog Tours has to right to decline any book that isn’t a good fit to this company or end the discount early.